Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Why I Need To Write Down Taking My Dog For A Hike

Do you find yourself too busy to take time out for your favorite friend? I do....so that's why I have to set goals to make sure I take care of her sanity as well as mine.

For years I have been doing a project that helps me to keep on track. It's called 101 Goals in 1001 Days and it is very easy to start and so gratifying to work with. Very simply you think of everything you would like to do that you haven't done or would like to do more of, habits that you would like to set and list them. It can be as simple as baking a rainbow cake to climbing Everest. The idea is to get it all in a place where you can organize and check off your achievements as you go. Then you have a little over two and a half years (technically 2.74) to get it all done.

Have I ever gotten the whole list done? Nope. What I have found is that as the 1001 days went by was that some goals were not possible at the time, or what was important to me changed. But you know what? Each time I have done it I have gotten much more done than ever, had more great experiences than ever, and focused on what was important to me, allowing more happiness than I ever dreamed. Below is my new 101 Goals In 1001 Days List. How many of them do you think I will actually do? How many would you like to do? Tell me some of the things you'd like to do and if you decide to join me in this project done world wide let me know so I can cheer you on. It's a fun thing to do and I guarantee your life will never be the same.

1. Two dog hikes a month for five months
2. One two hour by myself hike a month for 5 months
3. One bike ride a month for 5 months
4. Walk dog at least one mile once a week for 5 months.
5. Drop one pants size
6. Have a vegetarian dinner once a week for 3 months
7. Learn 3 new vegetarian recipes in 2015
8. Have 2 smoothies a week for 3 months
9. Go for a horseback ride at least 4 times in 2015
10. Take an animal communication or reiki class
11. Teach one reiki class on my own
12. Learn one new energy modality 
13. Have 2 beauty treatments per month in 2015
14. Write 3 new songs
15. Write 3 new poems
16. Make one piece of jewelry a month for 12 months
17. Hike 4 miles round trip Bright Angel trail Grand Canyon.
18. Go on one overnight backpack trip
19. Hike Havasupai
20. Photograph 10 high School Seniors
21. Photograph 5 actors/musicians
22. Go to the ocean
23. Go back to Mississippi
24. Go back to New Orleans
25. 10 new hypnotherapy clients
26. Get Prosperity for Musicians published on CD Baby
27. Produce 2nd program of Prosperity for Artist series
28. Write book on wedding planning
29. Write book on Outdoor Fun in Arizona
30. El Dorado Hot Springs
31. Strawberry Park Hot Springs
32. One drawing or painting a month for 12 months
33. Produce 3rd program of Prosperity for Artist series
34. One newsletter minimum per quarter in 2015
35. Sell 5 pieces of made by me jewelry
36. Sell 5 fine art photographs
37. Sell 5 drawings or paintings.
38. Golden Retriever puppy
39. Develop business plan for equine reiki clients
40. Sing at karaoke at least once a month for 6 months
41. Learn Water is Wide on my guitar
42. Learn Leaving On a Jet Plane on my guitar
43. Learn Walking After Midnight on my guitar
44. Learn Muskrat Love on my guitar
45. Go back to open mic at least once in next six months
50. Blog Az Hiker Girl once a month for 6 months
51. Blog photography once a month for 6 months
52. Blog Soul's Whisper once a month for 6 months
53. 10 new reiki clients
54. Sing with my fav singer at one of his restaurant gigs
55. Hike Boynton Canyon to the end and back.
56. Make fresh strawberry lemonade
57. Go to diamond point to dig for crystals
58. Learn and commit to memory all meanings and uses of Ametrine
59. Learn and commit to memory all meanings and uses of Amethyst
60. Learn and commit to memory all meanings and uses of Rose Quartz
61. Declutter 3 banker boxes of stuff
62. Design an equine art t shirt and sell
63. Read 4 books in 2015
64. Read 4 more books during course of goal
65. Drive Northern AZ portion of Great Western Trail
66. Drive to Crown King
67. Drive entire Great Western Trail
68. Organize and do a Girls weekend camp out
69. Create or adapt 5 new meals for camping.
70. Start charging for oracle card readings
71. Set up email on phone
72. Have 2 of my portraits used for cd covers
73. Go to one networking group once a month for 6 months
74. Go to coffee chat at least once a month for 6 months
75. Go to at least one reiki share per quarter for 12 months
76. Initiate groundwork program with one horse at Tierra Madre
77. Contribute to one fundraiser at Tierra Madre in 2015
78. Book 5 Affinity weddings in 2015
79. Go kayaking 6 times in 2015
80. Get pfd for dog
81. Take dog kayaking at least once.
82. Go snowshoeing at least once
83. Do an overnight trip on horseback
84. Ride my bike 10 miles
85. Save 5% of each job in 2015.
86. Save $100 in coin
87. Go dog sledding
88. Camp and kayak canyon lake
89. Paddle second half of Blue Ridge Reservoir
90. Make a souffle
91. Record an EP to give to my friends
92. Go to Chimayo with Pat
93. Visit Atlanta
94. Create a book of my cowgirl poetry and photos
95. Overnight paddle trip down a river
96. Photograph Grand Canyon in snow
97. Jerome Ghost Tour
98. Eat 2 apples a week for 3 months
99. Go back to Darien
100. Order Tupelo Honey
101. Eat a roadside peach in Georgia


1 comment: