Friday, March 11, 2011

Joshua Tree.

Ok, so officially this isn't a hike, I'm not even sure it qualifies as a walk but I wanted to share it anyway.

Highway 93 is the Joshua Tree Scenic Highway, and on this particular day a couple of weeks ago it was stormy....like Snoopy's "It was a dark and stormy night" kind of stormy. Route 93 has pullouts along the road and the couple of times I have done it there is usually a little trail that that you can stretch your legs on and enjoy the patches of Joshua trees. I couldn't take it anymore...the skies were too dramatic and the trees stark against the horizon...I pulled off the pavement, jumped out in the mud and climbed a tiny hill with my camera to find this lone tree. Between raindrops I took 3 shots and it was enough. On to Kingman as the raindrops turned into snow flurries.


 Joshua Tree, Highway 93 North of Wickenberg, AZ           ©Marcia Mauskopf 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment