Monday, July 11, 2011

Field Test - The Master of Faster Low Omni-Tech, Columbia Sportswear

About to climb around Cliff Palace in my Master of Faster Low Omni-Tech's       ©Marcia Mauskopf 2011
A few weeks ago I was contacted by Columbia Sportswear with an offer to try their new The Master of Faster Low Omni-Tech:

"The revolutionary and (super-freakin’-fast) design bridges the gap between a running and multi-sport shoe to keep you light on your feet through all sorts of trail conditions. The breathable mesh upper features Omni-Tech waterproof-breathable technology for protection against the elements, welded seams for minimal-yet-strong support, and a Techlite collar and tongue for a comfortable fit. A three-part Techlite midsole with multiple density settings provides cushioning and support where you need it most, and a high-traction outsole boasts a built-in independent suspension system for great grip no matter what you’re cruising on.  We think you’ll be impressed with its performance and really want to know what you have to say about it.  So…"

....so, here's what I did over a couple week period and how they performed. I found them very lightweight and (almost more importantly) cool in our arid AZ summer temps. Using them the first week I had them as my walking shoe just around town breaking them in. At this point what I found was that for me, they were a little loose in the heel and one tongue did dig into my ankle until they softened up, so this would have been a concern if I were in a store trying them on instead having them sent to me untried. They did, however,  break in very well.

Week two found me on vacation and here is where the fun began. The Master of Faster Low Omni-Tech's traction was good and held on wet sandstone and gravel alike. In Colorado this time of year it rains every afternoon and true to their word my feet stayed dry. Support was good even with my heels feeling loose in the shoes thanks to the design that runs laces all the way to the top of your ankle. But it was the silliest thing that impressed me the most; eight hours of driving and my feet were comfortable. I'm one of those flip flop travelers...you know what I mean...I wear flip flops so I can be barefoot in the car and truly comfortable and I didn't really notice any discomfort with these.

I like The Master of Faster Low Omni-Tech shoes. You will, too.


FTC regulation disclosure: I'm getting 'em for free for testing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment