Monday, August 29, 2011

Product Review - CRKT Eat'N Tool

So J. comes home one day and says he ordered these gadgets for our camp kitchen from his tool guy? "Ooookay, ummm, so whatja buy", I hesitantly ask..."well, they're these fork things". About a week later he comes home with  handleless sporks. Well, not quite handleless, but enough to make me question it.

The CRKT Eat'n Tool is a high tech, all in one spork/bottle opener/screwdriver/pry tip/metric wrench conveniently hung off a mini carabiner. It's light weight and sturdy, small enough to make the ultralight backpacker happy and ergonomic enough to keep the camping gourmet satisfied.

Once I got used to it I liked it. I wish the spoon bowl was a bit bigger, but I like old fashioned BIG tablespoons for my morning cereal. J. brought home the black safety coated model, it also comes in a dull silver that for Arizona's hot sun I think might be more comfortable. I didn't test it for this, but I do wonder if left in the hot sun would the black be hotter than all get out?

If you are looking to simplify your kitchen rig, I do recommend the CRKT Eat'n Tool. It does everything it is advertised to do and it's kinda sexy, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment