Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Those Campfire Recipes ~ Tailgate Tacos

I'm always checking out new to me items in the grocery store and trying to figure out how I can create meals in the campsite...my requirements? Little prep and bonus points for non-refrigeration.  I found a couple of items recently that turned into Tailgate Tacos.

Albertson's has dehydrated refried beans in a seven oz. package. Add water and simmer for five, count'em, 5 minutes and you're set. I've seen bulk dehydrated beans at Winco also, but this is already measured, a big plus for me. Walmart stocks vacuum packed pre-cooked and seasoned ground beef. Six ounces of goodness just ready to heat up. These two items inspired me to an easy first night camp dinner.

Tailgate Tacos
makes 10 tacos

One 7 oz. package Mexicali Rose Instant Mexican Refried Beans
Two and one half cups water
One package Rosarita Spicy Seasoned Beef Crumbles
One package El Paso Stand and Stuff Taco Shells
One 8 oz. package Shredded Mexican Cheese
One 14 oz. Package Shredded Cabbage
Hot Sauce or Salsa

Mix water, beans and ground meat in skillet and simmer 5 minutes or until beans are fully re-hydrated. Layer taco shells with meat/bean mix, shredded cheese, cabbage and salsa. Eat :)

©Marcia Mauskopf 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment